The M series includes standard SIP fermenters/bioreactors available in a range of six different volumes from 30 up to 200 litres, with a wide range of options and accessories.
Standard SIP Pilot-Industrial Solutions
Features and Benefits:
- 6 different volumes: 30 L, 50 L, 75 L, 100 L, 150 L, 200 L.
- 3:1 H/D ratio.
- Parts in contact with the culture AISI 316 L, other parts AISI 304.
- Finishing: mirror polished (internal and external).
- Compact design.
- Double jacket (side/bottom), for higher heat transfer efficiency and optimal temperature control.
- Bacteria (Toro sparger, Rushton impellers) and cell cultures (Sintered sparger, Marine impellers) configurations available.
- Welded baffles.
- Wide range of measurement and control options for cell cultures and aerobic/anaerobic microbial fermentations, including temperature, pH, dO2, dCO2, redox, antifoam, level, conductivity, weight, cell density (total cells, viable cells).
- Modbus digital sensors.
- Suitable for batch, fed-batch and continuous processes.
- Stainless-steel industrial PCS LEM_2, with a selectable number of peristaltic pumps, choosing between Watson Marlow WM 114, WM 313 and WM 520.
- Powerful and accurate (1 RPM) brushless motor, mounted on top.
- Different gas mixing strategies with a selectable number of TMFCs or solenoid valves, for air, O2, CO2 and N2.
- SALAS (Solaris Sterile Liquid Addition System) included in the standard configuration.
- Up to 2 steam bridges (re-sterilizable diaphragm valves for inoculum/feedings) can be added in option (with manual or automatic sterilization control).
- Non-SIP sampling and harvest valves are included in the standard configuration. Steam SIP lines can be added in option. Manual or automatic sterilization.
- TK connection.
- Tri-Clamp stainless steel piping.
- Single mechanical seal. Double mechanical seal, with automatic lubrication though steam condensate loop available in option.
- Thermoregulation loop consisting of n.2 heat exchangers and recirculating pump.
- Separate drains: cooling water return, condense drain to waste, hot condense return.
- Gravimetric flow control (option): feed rates controlled through weight measurement.
- CIP system options: n. of removable spray balls or integrated system (recirculating pump + n. of removable spray balls + software automation). N. of spray balls depending on vessel volume.
- Optional vessel empty sterilization.
Automation and Software:
- Innovative SCADA software LEONARDO 3.0: a smart and user-friendly controller designed to provide a high level of automated management of the fermentation/cultivation processes.
- 24” coloured touch screen industrial HMI.
- Included in the equipment supply.
- Data extraction in .csv format.
- Remote access via PC, tablet or smartphone, with QR code scanning or dedicated portal.
- Remote control for after sale assistance.
The M series can be used for
Pilot scale process development
Scale up and scale-down studies
in the following application fields: